13 September 2018

To Wuhan, Dalian and back

5th (We) - Packed in the morning for this afternoon's speed rail from Shanghai to Wuhan (Under Armour event), had lunch with my colleague before departing. I'd hope to play some Overcook with her, but she was working the whole time on the train. We got front row seats, but something stank a little, and the seat recliner was broken. We arrived in the evening, checked in the hotel then went to look at the venue which was a basketball stadium. After that, we walked around a lot looking for a place to have dinner.
6th/7th - Woke up, had breakfast, headed over to the stadium in the afternoon, carried some equipment, arranged the videos here and there. Finished by early evening, and had quite a lot of free time. On the 6th evening, I cycled around the area to look for decent food, ended up eating at McD. 7th evening, we had japanese food nearby.

8th (Sa) - Was suppose to be similar to the previous days, but I got called up to go to Dalian (Mary Kay event) because they needed help with the projection alignment. After lunch, we went to the stadium, at that time they confirmed that I gotta go Dalian so they booked me a 5pm flight to go to Dalian. I went back to the hotel, rest a little, packed up and took a taxi to the airport. I arrived Dalian near 8pm, took a taxi to the venue, and began work after settling down a little bit. I redid the 3D model of the stage, and spent all night aligning the projection and somewhat finished around 5am.
9th (Su) - Went to hotel and slept around 6am. Woke up around 12pm, was told they are rehearsing and my work will start at night. After resting for a bit, I went out for lunch and took my time familiarising myself with the surrounding area. Went back to hotel, rested a while then went out exploring some more. I hung out for a bit at a nearby park, enjoyed the cooler temperature, then I discovered a skating rink close by. I went back to the hotel when it got dark. 10:30pm came, and I went to work to touch up and tweak some settings to make the projection better, involved readjusting and correcting alignment and fixing the overlap. Finished around 3am, went back to hotel and slept.
10th (Mo) - Work doesn't start until night. In the early afternoon, I had lunch at a fake cafe Man Cat, terrible ham and cheese sandwich. After lunch I went ice skating for about an hour and a half. Went back to hotel after. Suddenly, at 3pm I was called to go to the venue. I arrived at the venue, but turns out I didn't need to be there yet, not sure why they called me to go... I discussed about booking my return flight before heading back to the hotel on my own taking public transport. I spent the rest of the time in the hotel, went for dinner and back, before going to the venue around 10.30pm. At the venue, I continued to fix the overlap as well as straightening the alignment at the center. I finished around 2am.
11th (Tu) - Time for free time. I'm only still in Dalian today bc today was the first day of the show and I was told to stick around if they wanted to change anything after the first day. I headed out and had coffee and waffles for lunch. I pondered on what to do with all the free time I had till 10pm, I wanted to go to the zoo, but it was going to close around 5pm, and it'll take an hour to get there... I went to Xinghai Square instead to hang out. I found out they had an ocean park nearby so I walked there. I bought tickets to see some artic animals, and a little walk-through exhibition. After I was done, I walked back to Xinghai Square along the coast and just admire the scenery. I headed back by 6pm, had a simple dinner before returning to the hotel. Turns out there was no change needed, so I went to bed.
12th (We) - I returned Shanghai today, regretted booking with Spring Airlines since I wasn't even paying. Reached home around 4pm and was rather tired.

During my spare time travelling or in the hotel, I caught up with weekly anime and a lot of HxH. Just finished the Greed Island arc over the week. Played Undertale, VA-11 Hall-A, and Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

No comments: