10 December 2018

A December retreat

4th~7th (Tue~Fri)
A kind of a big prep week, in the office I was tasked to do 3 things for the upcoming annual dinner, make an opening video, a ppt, and a poster. I managed to find free psd file for the poster, and just changed the title and text. PPT was mostly prepared by my colleague already, i just had to change some text and add a few pages. The opening video was the most tedious, I have almost no motivation to do it, but I went online and download a free trailer music, from there I just add photos of the events of this year and added simple effects (zooms and pans).
Outside of work, I also had to prepare worship for the retreat on the weekend, it was kind of last minute and that worried me a bit, but my team of musicians managed to send me their song picks and it went well. Friday night, I started preparing the slides for everyone and chords for myself and also last minute packing, I finished a little later than expected.
Saturday morning, I woke up around 6am, and headed out to the meeting point. Everyone was on time and we departed around 7:30am. It took about 2hrs to reach our destination at ChongMing Island.
Retreat recap (8th/9th):
During retreat, we went through the book of Joshua. It was quite a packed schedule, the moment we arrived, we checked in and headed to the meeting room for our first session. Then Afternoon came, we had lunch and departed to a nearby park. We walked, enjoyed the scenery and each others' company and took photos. We returned back about 3 hours later and session 2 started. Followed by dinner, session 3 and 4. We had a nice hour of sharing before we finished around 10pm.
Sunday morning, we got up around 7.30am for breakfast and had our closing session, before finishing up with a bible game and white elephant gift game. We had lunch at noon, and departed back to shanghai at 1pm and reached at 3:30pm. We had our short goodbyes and I headed home.

No comments: