24 April 2018

Back to back work

It has been a long 2 weeks of April, 4 events back to back leaving me without much time to relax or do my own recreation.

Event 1+2 (10th-13th)
The first event, tmall or vogue, was a small part. 4 projections on 2 long screen. It was only for the opening of the show. It plays a strings effect graphic on loop, before the screen gets hoist upwards. After the opening, I needn't stay for the rest of the show, so I headed straight to the next event.
2nd event was about lifestyle, fashion or something. I had to arrange videos on eight oddly shaped screens for projection. My part on this was really short, but most of it is just looping for hours, and I can't do anything else or go anywhere. It ended late and I had little time to pack and sleep as I had to catch the train the next day at 8am to Beijing.

Event 3 (14th-18th)
Chanel event called Coco Crush in Wang Fu Jing, I was free for the first 2 days when I arrived. I used this time to catch a movie and went to BICF on Sunday and caught up with a good friend.
Not really a show for me, I arranged videos for a long curved screen, and 36 window LEDs. I was there the whole day during the working period. Spent the whole day in the AV room, video looped from morning till late night. Rather grueling.

Event 4 (19th-23rd)
Volkswagen conference. Free for the first 2 days as well, but didn't do much in this free time. 798 in beijing is really expensive, boring, and food is no good. Didn't take long for me to prepare my part of the show. A lot of it is spent waiting or rehearsing.

It was a long and grueling 2 weeks. I hate it that these events start so early and ends very late, leaving me with only 4-6 hours of sleep. I look forward to going back to my daily life and some rest as I return to Shanghai.

No comments: